Monday 16 August 2010

Mel hier (BEDA #16)

Gah Portugal is excessively hot and it took forever to get here. Seriously, I don't know if you know, but we had to cut through France and then Spain to get to this cute little town in Portugal called Fafe. Unforch, we are not staying here and instead are moving onto more cities in Portugal like Porto.

Because it took so long, we stayed in this cute little town called Bayonne which was cute. But we couldn't find a hotel for ages and then managed to just outside of the main Bayonne bit. It was kind of cramped and hot and I got really thirsty and my Gran snored; not my best night of sleep.

Erm, we had dinner at Quick, a French fast food restaurant and I got to speak some of the little French I know, like, "Where is a hotel here?" and "Is it expensive?" and "Can I have some water please?". Oh, useful phrases. I also had a dream that I met Ms. Mazzoleni in France; not that funny considering she is my French teacher.

Sigh, what elseeeeee. Well, then we breakfasted in France, lunched in Spain and dinnered in Portugal. How odd and sophisticated don't you agree?

Portugal is nice. The town is sweet and my parents keep gushing about how much it's changed in two decades and blah blah blah. We went to the registry office and talked to two women I don't know but love my parents. Pastries are good and the wine is too (according to my mum and Gran). We have to meet up with family tomorrow so I'm taking this opportunity to blog be--

That's where I was cut off. I had to sign off; I hadn't been captured by an infamous villain whose name begins with Candle and ends in Jack. Don't know him? Let me introduce to my overlordGoogle. He will take it from there.

I cried a lot today. Some of it from happiness because I have the best friends ever who are so nice to the point where I feel like I don't deserve them; it's true, I have a complex. We went through this in therapy: I have a paranoia where I always feel like people aren't going to like me. I believe such trauma occurred when I moved to Brazil and then back to England. It's my parents's fault I'm awkward! W00t someone to blame for my problems.

I wish I'd gone to SOA. That's a little bit of why I cried today tbh. I'm still sort of upset. I think it's one of those infamous things that I'll always feel a little bitter and/or resented about not being able to go. It was their first gig and shiz and, I dunno, I reckon they'll probably do more gigs, but it won't ever be quite the same. Sigh it's annoying that way. The best word for what I feel I guess would beee frustration. It would explain my crying.

So, about Portugal! Ermmmmmm I like the food and I wish it was more pleasant that hot because there are wildfires and it makes me feel bad about the people losing their home and whtaevs. Also, the shops are open til eleven and it's just weird; it's like finding a wild Pidgey at level 36. It's just against nature.

Everything here is so cheap and I'm filming a lot. I'm sweaty so I'm going to go battttttheeeeeee.

Always yours,
Mel.

No comments:

Post a Comment