Sunday 1 August 2010

I missed thee, (BEDA #1).

Christ have I missed you. I didn't want to write before BEDA because then I feared not having anything to write once I was committed to doing so, if you know what I mean. Not much has happened these past few weeks that could really captivate the interest of anyone who reads this blog. Speaking of people who read this blog, ELISABETH, where are you?! I miss your posts about things I don't really understand but am interested in anyway.

So, what can I talk about? I guess Comic Con would be a good place to start. Not the MASSIVE, AMERICAN AND SUPER AMAZING one in San Diego, but the much more humble, and cosy one in London's Earls Court. There, I guess the biggest person was Mike Tyson, or Bill Shatner (Captain Kirk). Ooh, excitingly enough I met Matthew Lewis, Neville Longbottom in the Harry Potter movie series. I actually did as well. What happened was I lined up, extremely nervous and happy about this, shaking. The guy in front of me was intimidatingly blasé and asked a genuine question about the film and Neville's role in it. When it came to my turn, I selected a picture, he asked my name, I said 'Melanie,', he asked, 'Is that M-e-l-a-n-i-e?', I replied, 'You're one of the only people who can, smell, spell that,', he laughed. I then extended a trembling hand which he accepted, said it was a pleasure to meet me and I tripped and nearly fell as I moved out of the way for the next person.

I dressed up, as usual. PICTURE:

The girl and boy next to us were two of the people who participated with us in the Anime Olympics. I took part in the third round of the Speeding Eating, which was crackers. Don't underestimate how much of your saliva three crackers can absorb, or how difficult it is to chew once you have no moisture in your mouth. I finished, third, I think? Can't remember. I was going to do Anime Pictionary, but I'm not that down with mainstream anime, so I doubt I would've have been able to recognise that many. Also, I couldn't have been able to draw a character accurately enough for other people to distinguish.

Yes, this time my hair was down for the latter half because I got bored of ponytail and my hair was being awkward, so. DON'T JUDGE ME. I would say I'm looking forward to Expo, but I have no money, so...

Comic Con was cook, I guess. It was slightly more sophisticated and more Star Trekky, as opposed to Expo which is really aimed at otakus. We met some nice, cough, attractive, cough, people. We later found the beautiful guy dressed up as Dead Pool, but he has a girlfriend. Either way, it was nice to flirt shamelessly with an obviously older guy whilst wearing a skirt that would flutter with the wind, revealing me every so often. The latter part was not so fun, and annoying when all I was trying to do was eat my sandwich.

Jacob came too, but he didn't dress up, comme d'accord, and was kind of moody for a significant amount of the day, for reasons me and Kate could not quite place. Perhaps he missed Shannon? Who knows. I had fun, okay.

Oh, oh, oh! And I bought some yaoi manga. I don't know if I've already explained, but yaoi is guy on guy, but in manga form one of the guys looks like a girl, so it kind of defeats its purpose. Seriously, if they don't look like a girl, then they act like a girl by doing something weird like crying during sex or something. The stall we bought it from had the nicest two guys, one of which was obviously attractive, while the other had shaggy curly hair, so I was attracted to him by nature. We debated whether they were gay, because they were super knowledgeable about the world of yaoi, and I am proud to say I understood. Like the high school situation of 'He's not gay, but he can be changed!', or the tragic relationship between the misfit and/or shy student and the hot, young, understanding teacher. The student would cry during sex.

While in front of the stall, I pointed to a manga and said, "See, this is why I don't like Catholics! They want to stop this!" The guys laughed nervously, not entirely sure I was talking to them, and Kate replied, "You go to a Catholic school!", and to which one of the guys said, "Pahaha! That's contraband in a Catholic school, reading yaoi,". So we conversed with them for a while, and then they showed me this one book with the most gorgeous artwork, so I ended up buying it. It was slightly cheaper than the rest too. They said they're going to be at Expo, so I look forward to seeing them there... and possibly buying some more manga with pretty drawings and pretty boys kissing each other. We got free stickers from them, and Kate later stuck one in one of the Bibles at school.

I also bought a couple of badges which I put on my school bag.

I'm kind of boredy bored, now.

Always yours,
Mel.

No comments:

Post a Comment