Friday 23 April 2010

Sunshine-y days and being a fangirl.

Today was one of them, which means my day was a little bit awesome. The sun is physically and emotionally good for me. Even if I don't go outside, I still feel better because at least the world is brighter and clearer outside.

So I did my French Oral exam, and got an A*, proving my theory wrong. I am not a 'D' student, and I shall not horribly fail at life, thank God, and hopefully the bad grade I got in English will just be a tiny, tiny insignificant glitch in my life, or something like that.

I'm boooored and I don't want to blog. BEDA is such a pain in my neck.

I need to shower soon.

It feels weird now that I don't really have to revise for anything, except my R.E., which I will briefly glance upon tonight, and try to absorb a little bit at a time until Tuesday. But do you know what I mean? Where you've been revising for something for so long, and it's all you've done in your little wisps of spare time, and then the test is over, and you feel like you have all the time in the world? But you feel kind of lost and disoriented at the same time?

Yeah, I hope so.

I really have nothing to say. I mean, I was upset, but now I'm not! I had a little daughter-mother bonding yesterday, where I stormed off upstairs and sat there and did usual, "I'm in a bad mood" ritual, where I close the door behind, and slide down until I'm sitting on the floor facing the rest of my room. Then I cry.

But this time I called my mum and I kind of sat there, and whimpered about my grade. My mummy's g good at all the sentimental, 'that's life; one day you get D's, but then you get A*'s, it's just how the world works,' etc etc.

So I went to bed, and woke up feeling refreshed, as I usually do after a good ol' cry. Do you get that feeling too? By golly I'm asking a lot of questions to you today, aren't I audience?

So... I got a story posted on Average Wizard. Again. I guess that's pretty cool. Average Wizard is pretty BAMF I guess, so yeah.

I feel that little bit more boring today, and I wonder why. I think it's because I feel that little bit more mellow, and have no angsty/passionate blog inspiration. I mean, I've talked about HP and how it is amazingggg~~~ *sings*, and that's about the only thing I really care about at the moment. I mean, I like Glee, but I wouldn't really go to Glee convention. That's a lie; I love conventions. I would go to a Hannah Montana convention, for reels.

I feel bad that I've ruined HP for the likes of Leah, Sara and George because it's all I talk about nowadays, but I don't say anything when they talk about... Oli Sykes or whoever they love at the time. I can also say that they are not as passionate people as me, and therefore do not talk about it as much because their love for anything cannot compare to the potency of my fangirl-ism, if that makes sense.

I feel like even with Twilight, Leah and Sara didn't really love it. They just thought it was kind cool and that it was fun to like something a lot. I don't think they have that kind of... I don't really want to say passion again, but it's the only word I can think of right now. So yeah, I don't think they have that kind of passion that a fangirl has for something, y'know?

I know I sound like an idiot talking so deeply about something so inconspicuous and annoying as a fangirl -- and believe, I know we're annoying if you're not in on our obsession --, but really, we just love something and we love it very, very much. So much that we can't contain ourselves, which explains our little squeals and giggles.

And I think that being that are not as enthusiastic about what they love are truly missing out, because it's fun. Super fun.

Also, lots of us are pretty nice once you get past the mild insanity. Take me and my friends for example; we used irony and wit in our daily lives, but frantically re-read Harry Potter books and suchlikethings.

I guess my point is that just because someone is an enthusiast and a overly passionate person, doesn't necessarily mean that they are totally unlikeable. I mean, maybe a little, since most of us are borderline creepy and our tastes may frighten most (--I mean, Draco/Harry is borderline canon and admit it. I don't ship it, I'm just saying if Draco ended up confessing his undying love for Mr. Potter, I would so not be surprised/complaining), but we're cool, in our weird nerdy ways, and we don't bite. Unless we're asked to.

All my love, Melanie.

Reading: Still 'Fellowship', still 'The Soloist' and still 'Chamber of Secrets' and now 'Frankenstein' by Mary Shelley in English.
Listening to: World of Warcraft Ruined My Life - ALLCAPS
Books read: 15.

1 comment:

  1. This was interesting to read.

    I'm very much not the fangirly type. That said, I wouldn't say that I'm not a passionate person - I just tend to be more restrained about how I display my emotions.

    I think a big part of the negative image of fangirls is that the stereotype of a fangirl is that she is intensely passionate about something - but only for a short period of time. It's not the loving something that I find annoying, it's the loving something... and then giving up on it (eg RPatz) when something better comes along (Taylor L). It makes the passion seem, well, fake. And I accept that maybe I don't love HP as much as some people, but I resent it when fangirls tell me that 'You don't really love Harry Potter because you don't have a collection of Daniel Radcliffe posters on your wall' and then in six months, she's hugely insulting to the entire HP fanbase because she's too cool for that.

    I'm not saying that you're like that, because every stereotype is not universally applicable, but stereotypes become stereotypes for a reason.

    So maybe there are two types of fangirl. The short-lived, fake, really annoyingly obsessive fangirl, and the fangirl who really loves whatever she's fangirling about and is thus much less annoying. One of my friends from school falls into the first category, and another friend falls into the second category. I hope you're also a category-2 fangirl... :)

    ReplyDelete