Thursday 29 April 2010

SORRY SORRY SORRY

I've noticed I do tend to apologise an awful lot to my non-existent bloggy readers. But, yesterday I did not blog because my father unplugged teh internet and was liek, "U DIDNT TIDY UR ROOM U DUN GET PC OR TV," to which I was like, "Whatevs, I'll just read innit bro,".

That was a nice story.

Not that much happening, still. I mean, it's my life, you really can't expect anything of interest to be happening otherwise... I wouldn't be me. I mean, my friends are going on camp, so I'm not really going to go out this weekend, but even if they were here, and I would, quite frankly, not be looking forward to seeing them, but more like looking forward to the new Doctor Who episode and the Glee episode of Sunday that I did not catch on Monday.

Because that's my life. I depend on fiction and imagination more than I depend on people themselves. Things that are not real have always interested me more than the real world, and I'm fairly similar and can relate to Haruhi Suzumiya, from The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya, duh, because I also feel rather bored with this world sometimes, and wish something more exciting would happen.

I think the major difference between me and Haruhi is that I don't wish for things like aliens, time travellers and espers and things.

I just want to fall in love madly like they do in like, Nicholas Sparks's fiction and books like that. But perhaps more chemistry than in Nicholas's characters, more... fiery, if you know what I mean. To be perfectly honest, I think I like rom-coms because I'm sorta jealous of the girls in it, because usually the guys are obnoxious and cocky, but they're also really sweet and passionate.

Sad, but true. It's why I love Harry Potter so much, because I feel like the more I read it and the more I love it, the more I can incorporate in my everyday life and therefore have a less ordinary life.

Talking about attractive characters though, I've decided to scrap everything about 'Serendipity' and just keep it for Nanowrimo, because that leaves me with something to write for Nano, and more time to work on it and do lots of research.

Oh! Today is Maths this boy that I kind of like -- but just throwing out there that because he's popular, it's more of a celebrity crush of sorts and I never ever ever intend anything to ever come out of it because he barely knows of my existence -- was talking about jobs in the future that he would like to have in the future, and he wants to be a journalist.

Why is this relevant?

Because in 'Serendipity', the dad, who is actually based off this lovely, jubbly boy, becomes a journalist and I felt proud that I kind of know him, sort of, well? I dunno, it made me happy. Also, he challenged me to a staring contest, to which I declined, but it was nice to have him say my name is his lovely voice and to have him look in my eyes and even add 'please' to convince me.

I was just like, "Dude, ask me the answer to a maths question and I'm afraid my face will burst into flames. I am not going to have you stare into my eyes for an obscene amount of time to the poijnt where my chair in drenched in my sweat," -- in my mind, naturlisch.

But yeah, enjoy that imagery guys.

GOSH I CAN'T WAIT UNTIL THE DOCTOR AND AMY KISS.

Sorry, but it's so true. My stomach drops whenever I think about it, which is always a good sign because it shows that I care for the characters, meaning the writers are doing something right.

I like how I started out all nice and deep in this post, but then I just gave up and started talking about how I goosebumps when a guy asks me how I figured out question nine.

What else is there to talk about...

I finished 'The Soloist'! It was really good, but it was a bit... dragging on for a lot. But I guess since it's based on a true story, then it wasn't always going to be heart-stoppingly exciting; it was touching and sad nonetheless, but not the best, I'll admit.

I'm currently re-reading HBP because it's my favourite one, because of the whole Harry discovering he's attracted to Ginny and the whole monster in his chest deal. However, Ron is a dickheadi n this book. I find myself giving Kudos to Hermione and wanting to slap Ron for being to annoying, even so it's because he's so blatantly jealous.

After it I'm going to tackle LOTR! *rolls up sleeves determinedly*

I think this post is over.

Always,
Melanie.

2 comments:

  1. ahh, boys... :)

    I wouldn't hold your breath for Amy and the Dr. He's an alien, and therefore completely asexual as far as humans are concerned. Despite his humanoid form. David Tennant's Doctor was never in the slightest attracted to any of his very feminine, very pretty companions.

    ReplyDelete
  2. He loved rose though right?
    That's why he sent the half human doctor to rose's dimension, so they could live together happily, right?

    ReplyDelete