Sunday 25 April 2010

Sorry?

According to Ciara, I need to re-phrase myself because apparently manga is lame too, as is anime. And I get that, but just not as much in Western countries. I think it's because we think of terms as 'geek' and 'nerd' as positive things now, whereas in Japan, it's not good to be an otaku.

I don't quite know how to say it, but it was the best way I could describe the difference between manga and anime. A main one I think being that more girls read them, and that they definitely try more to get girls reading manga. I mean, think of them as like a mixture of Pride and Prejudice, The Princess Diaries and Twilight, but they have cute and pretty drawings.

The 90's was the biggest anime the Western side has ever had, I think. You can see that from Pokemon, Digimon, Sailor Moon, and many other shows that were on Fox Kids and all that jazz. Oh, and Cartoon Network back when it had the quirkier logo.

But I don't want to really talk about that today, after I have experienced the weirdest, scariest music video ever. Srsly, how does she go from being a Cheetah Girl to singing about how she was "so drunk" but doesn't care "because the sex was spectacular"? Not to mention, the song is awful. I would rather listen to Miley's Part of Your World on repeat than have Kiely Williams attempt a sexy, husky whisper, telling me how the only thing she remembers was that she was "face down, ass up, clothes off, broke off, dozed off".

So, today I was supposed to go help my mum sell her açai, but it's raining, so I don't think we are anymore. But that's okay, I have to finish watching episode nineteen of Kobato. anyway. Yes, the full stop is in the series name, and thus I feel compelled to write it each time.

Btw, Ben, here's my anime list. I recommend you get one too because it helps keep track of what you're watching and what episode and stuffs. I think Lauren should get one too because then we can be friends, even though you haven't watched any anime.

Lauren is also complaining that I take too long to write a blog post, but she can go away because hers are really short and I could write them in my sleep so there mehehehehe.

My brother is watching Home Alone 3, and all I can say about that is that the boy is so adorable it's fecking ridiculous. I want to give him such a big hug it's unreal. How could his parents leave him alone? Precious child.

I feel like I'm hyper-linking too much in this post, but that's how bored I am. I think I should stop blogging now I'm bored. *scrolls up page*

But it's still really shooooooort!~~~ *whines*

Oh well,

Melanie.

PS: Watch this review of the video. So, so funny.

No comments:

Post a Comment