Thursday 22 April 2010

I really really really don't want to blog.

You would not believe how much I am forcing myself to do this. I mean, I need to revise for my French oral, not blogging. But, bleh. Whatevs, I don't even care, dude.

I'm not in a good mood. Our teacher said we got, "about a D" for our project. I mean, I know Leah only briefly mentioned it to him, but right now I feel like crying and don't really want to talk about anything. I have never ever got a D in anything, and to get it in English is an especially harsh slap to the face. I mean, I get deflated when I get B's in English, so to get a D is kind of ruining my life right now.

I hope it doesn't affect my life drastically and that I'll still be able to go to the university of my choice, and it won't stop me from becoming a writer, and things. I mean, I know it won't, but I'm feeling really down now.

So, this is short blog post, I presume. Or, as short a blog post that I can fabricate. That sentence sounded like it didn't make sense, but I can't be asked to go correct seeing as I an as of now a D student in English. Take that.

So today I had an R.E. that went worse than I had expected. Usually I do well in R.E. tests, but, who knows, maybe my true colours are showing and all along I've just been destined to achieve D's in every. Single. Subject.

I think I should add an, "I'm joking," right there, but I don't want to. I want to stay annoyed and wallow in my bitterness for a while, because right now it seems that it will make me feel slightly better.

I like Glee. Glee makes me smile, as does Harry Potter. I was thinking about it the other door, and my favourite things at the moment are Harry Potter and Glee, mostly because of the music they generate. I like the Glee covers, though most people claimed they crucified the original. I think they stand well on their own as covers, and don't change the song too much. Besides, if they want a bad cover, search no further than Miley Cyrus's Part of Your World, from the Little Mermaid.

Also, I like that they're trying to get young people to listen to old songs and appreciate how music was made before.

Another thing I was thinking about, while watching The Boat That Rocked, how important music was to the sixties. I mean, they would gather around a radio to listen to a song the same way we all get together to watch X Factor. And just the one song sometimes. I mean, it was the highlight of their day and what they looked forward to coming from work/school/etc; I wish we were still that inspired by music, instead of just having it blasted in our ears.

Oh, and the music that we listen to nowadays too! By we, I mean humans, but really not including me. Not in a way that makes me superior or anything, but I just don't really listen to what's in charts -- ie. Rihanna, N-Dubz --, unless a band I already like is in the charts. There are exceptions, such as Lady Gaga, whose songs are as catchy as hell, and some other people who can't really distinguish at the moment.

I cannot avoid the radio, as most people, however, and so do inevitably end up singing under my breath, "We've gotta fight, fight, fight, fight, fight for this love!".

Lost my train of thought...

Maybe I should go now...

Love, Melanie.

Reading: Still Fellowship, still The Soloist and still Chamber of Secrets.
Listening to: She Will be Loved - Runner Runner
Books read: 15.

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't worry, a D doesn't matter, seriously, I got at least 2 I think for presentations in year 10 and still managed to scrape an A, and you being awesome at everyhing English means that you'll definetly get wayyy higher than I did :L
    And what's awesome is that Uni's dont look at individual marks, they'll look at your grade average, which is clearly gonna be through the roof (y)


    Oh and I have a blog now =D

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know how much it sucks getting a D :(

    Only thing I can say is, if you're sitting on a solid A, a single bad grade won't drag you down to a B.

    Also, URGH. Ariel is my favourite Disney princess and I really love that song. It has been butchered!

    ReplyDelete