Saturday 10 April 2010

I lied... sowry.

Yeah, dat's right. I lied. Sorry.

Turns out although me and my friends are delightfully lazy, we are also exceedingly immature, so yes, we did jump around and roll down hills and dance under blossom trees while the petals fall down, crying, "It's like our wedding!".

I filmed some of it too, but I'm too lazy to edit it now, lalalala.

(after spending ten minutes finishing her fruit smoothie and catching up on Youtube subscriptions, Melanie carries on blogging...)

Woah, sorry, forgot about this tab for a second there.

Okay, what else happened yesterday...

Oh yes! (That's what she said.)

After we got tired of the park, we went back to Sophie's house for a bit, watched TV and did magazine crosswords, before Sophie announced that she had to do her paper round. Lauren had already agreed to helping her, but my mum wasn't there yet, so I said I'd help out.

It was actually kind of fun.

The sun was low and the sky was beginning to get orange, casting this warm glow on the streets and we went round putting The Leader in people's letter boxes (--fun fact! I've been on the cover of said newspaper twice, playing my trumpet. See, our school did an experimental thing where Year 5, or 4th grade, I think, play brass and percussion instruments for a term, just to, widen our possibilities, I think... But yeah, I played it for another year or so when I decided I didn't like it anymore, and that I wanted to save money for my parents and shiz, so, yeah. Pity, because I miss it).

The houses were intimidatingly big, and I can see why Sophie found it scary to do her paper round in the dark, because they look fairly old, and have ivy crawling up the brown brick walls, and have driveways bigger than my living room.

It was a good experience, and I felt very American, to say the least.

Today, I do nothing. I will probably go to the library and see if I can do work experience there since the website still won't let me do it online, and then if the nursery is open, I'll try there. Also, revision and homework day! Yaaaay!

All my love, Merani.

No comments:

Post a Comment