Friday 29 April 2011

BEDA #29: The Royal Wedding.

I will say my peace: I am neither for or against the Royal Wedding. If anything, I am for because it's given me a day off school and because I like historical events like this. I like the idea that from years to come I can say that I was there, watching Prince William get married. I like weddings and I think Kate Middleton seems pretty lovely.

I understand the opposition: yes it's our taxes, yes people are missing work days, yes the Royal Family essentially do nothing. But really, I just see it as pretty harmlessly sweet. That might just be because I don't pay taxes, but I'm okay with this wedding.

I've been live tweeting but my dad turned it over so I'm watching it now live on Youtube after my lunch, waiting for the kiss on the balcony and for the first dance. I think we get to see the latter; we saw Charles and Diana. Rumour has it they're dancing to Ellie Goulding's rendition of 'Your Song', which I like because that song is pretty sweet.

Also, I have developed a slight crush on Prince Harry. This crush will probably we eradicated by next week but that's how I am. I remember my week-long crush on Andrew Lee Potts and Matthew Morrison. I regret nothing.

That's pretty much all that's going on with my life. I'll see you tomorrow for the last day of BEDA.

Love,
Mel.

No comments:

Post a Comment