Monday 11 April 2011

BEDA #11: Fanfiction.

I went to the beach today and that was lovely. My friends are lovely. But I am busy writing fanfiction. Have some more Lily/James:

James knew that in every respect, his life had been pretty easy; he had his three best friends, grades that got him by, popularity to die for and could have any girl he wanted with a snap of his fingers. Therefore, it was only natural that at some point in his life, resistance of some sort would have to be met; such resistance took form in one Lily Evans.

He’d spotted her before they actually spoke and found her pretty enough; her hair made her stand out but he didn’t think particularly much of it at first because she honestly wasn’t that striking from afar and he was far too excited about being in a new school to notice giiirls anyway; he doubted he even blossomed into a womanizer until third year. At that point, amongst girls unbuttoning their shirts and hitching up their skirts, Lily Evans, with her uniform being worn appropriately, stuck out like a sore thumb.

Now, James was lazy and selfish enough to be perfectly happy with his unfairly easy life and could have carried on living in such a way until he died. Lily Evans seemed to have other plans for him.

He approached her for the first time with complete ease; he plastered on his winning smile and leaned down next to her ear. He whispered the first line of the page to her, and her head snapped up. Startled, she turned to him and as this made their faces very close, she cringed away from him.

“Can I help you?” she said, her nose crinkled in disgust and her eyes narrowed suspiciously.

“What’s your name?”

She raised an eyebrow at him, “Why?”

“I might leave you alone if you tell me.”

There was a silence as she contemplated his offer, wondering if it was worth it and he could see the clogs working in her mind as she answered, “Lily.”

“Lily...” he trailed off to let her finish his question.

Lily sighed, “Evans. Now go away please.”

“Lily Evans,” he let the name roll around his tongue and sat down beside her. Lily shuffled away from him and furiously tried to get back to reading her book. “Li-ly Eh-vans.”

“Yes.” Her voice was sharp. “Now please leave me alone.”

“I’ll leave if you let me ask you a question.”

“I thought you said you would leave me alone if I told you my name. My name is Lily Evans.” He was too busy staring at her mouth and was barely paying attention; he watched her perfect little pair of pink, luscious lips open again and she said, “Now piss off.”

James leaned away in surprise, “What?”

Lily Evans stared challengingly at him, seeming surprised too; but she seemed in shock at the fact that he was still there, still alive, still breathing, “You heard me Potter.”

“So...” He frowned, not understanding with was going on. “You don’t want to go out with me?”

Lily Evans laughed incredulously, “Christ no.” She shut her book and began to gather her things.

“Are... are you sure?”

“Positive,” she replied and sauntered off. James watched her walk away, her fiery red hair flowing in the wind behind her, asking himself what ‘Christ’ meant.

That was the first time James didn’t get what he wanted, and he didn’t like it one bit.

1 comment:

  1. Like :)

    I really wish JKR had written their backstory... I guess that's where fanfiction comes in and does the job!

    ReplyDelete