Sunday 17 April 2011

BEDA #17: Percy Jackson.

I thoroughly force these books onto everyone and anyone. They're just so good. And Percy is just... gah by the end. Hot hot hothtohtothothto hot hottie hot hot. I am a Percy fangirl, and so I was disappointed that *spoiler* he's not in this. Technically, Heroes of Olympus is not in the Percy Jackson series, but rather a new generation kind of thing. Obviously, the old characters are mentioned -- if Annabeth was forgotten I would seriously go ape shit and just... no. Annabeth has to be in every book -- but we're focusing on the new trio. Which are okay, to be fair. I suppose Piper is my favourite even if she annoys me a little bit, and even though Jason is clearly the leader, the other guy is like a rarity among his brothers and sisters; I like that Jason isn't the main focus and although Leo is the comic relief in a lot of ways, he's special and unique. I mean, he's a bit horny but yeah. I like Leo. I like all of them. And again, there's development in them and they're not the same as they were in the beginning; they get braver and stronger and just more mature overall.

I just want to read the next book. I just want to read these books forever and ever. They're too easy to read, admittedly but I love them all the same. Percy is a witty little bastard and Annabeth is just kick-ass, as I have mentioned before many many times. I feel my hatred for the film boiling and boiling more and more with what they did to them; I feel like the missed the whole point of the books. I'm not used to this: with Harry Potter I'm fine with it, sure some things I'd change but whatever; with Twilight I didn't like Bella... but then I didn't like Twilight in the end so it all works out. And with The Hunger Games too, I'm getting to see slowly the cast being revealed and then me getting frustrated with their decisions and it's just weird to me.

I went rollerskating with my mum yesterday, only for about forty minutes though I'd say. That was fun. I like rollerskating quite a bit and it's a good exercise. I also watched a bit of Whip It!, with Ellen Page and Drew Barrymore, directed by Drew Barrymore. It makes rollerblading look badass so I liked it. Plus I can always deal with female empowerment films, especially if there's an attractive guy in it. I'm mildly attracted to the coach even though he's not really attractive; I just like the relationship he has with the team and his face, kind of.

That's all for now folks,
Mel.

Books: 21/60 (I've changed it to sixty because of exams and stuff and 75 is a tad ambitious for this year. I'm sure I'll beat it, but just in case).

1 comment:

  1. 18/infinity

    Which I'm very pleased at considering that includes four of the longest books I've ever read. (The Iliad, And all three LOTR)

    Well, long isn't the right word. It's more... long AND complex. Language wise. Yes they're all long books (all longer than OotP for comparison - though I wouldn't class that as long for me), but it's the language that slows me down the most.

    Actually I just realised that there were another 4 books I've finished since January are 'long and complex' but nowhere near Tolkien or Homer.

    So I'm *very* pleased now.

    ReplyDelete