Tuesday 12 January 2010

kevin's drums.

I’m typing this on Word now because the internet at the video rental store place isn’t working atm, so I’ll Just start blogging for the moment to get a leetle bit started. Annoyed because I want to go on Youtube and my time is running out goddammit and I’m getting rather paranoid. Angsty, frustrated groan.

Today is the eve of my birthday, and I had anticipated that I would already be in England by now. Because of the stupid weather, however, I cannot. Stupid flights are overbooked and many have been delayed for days, so we can’t get out of Brazil. From Newark, which is where I make my transition flight to the UK, it seems that it’s functioning better and fairly well, so I might be able to even go First Class, which is great. I say ‘which’ an awful lot don’t I? Sigh. Regardless, I’d rather just be able to get to the UK at all, and wouldn’t mind going Economy tbh.

For my birthday I would really like a HD digital camcorder and Sony Vegas Studio 9 to go with it so I can edit nicely. I even bought a DVD on editing clips and putting them on Youtube. It’s called, “How to Look Good on Youtube”. It’s rather helpful so far. My dad made me choose between an Interactive Reader thing where you download millions of books onto this really slim and practical touch screen pad. I’m that much of a geek that I get nosebleeds at the possibilities. I mean, that thing is Jesus if there ever was one.

I almost tore out my hair because I was so stuck on which one to choose. I chose the camcorder, I think, but I had joked with my dad, “Can’t I have both?” and he replied that it all depended on the price. So, fingers crossed! <3

So, today I’m going to the beach again, as I have been, luckily, many times now. I love the ocean so much. I literally spend all the time we go to the beach in the sea diving and jumping waves –unless there is a ice lolly vendor or a cuzcuz one, in which case I eat it quickly then get the hell back into the water. Booyah.

My auntie and my cousin leave for England today. Since they’re not standby, and they paid, they get to go when they plan to. Jealous.

Getting bored now…

Ah. Here’s a story I promised to put in my blog a while ago that happened here in Brazil that made me smile and made me think of Ciara.


Ok, so my brother and I were in the swimming pool and I started to sing ‘The Drums of War’ from Pocahontas because I’m not lame.

‘Now we sound the drums of… Kevinnnnn!” exclaimed my brother.

Confused, I asked who Kevin was.

“The fish that lives in my bum,” he replied giggling.

I went along with it.

“…And he plays drums?”

“Yes. He plays ‘Twinkle Twinkle Little Star’.”

“…On the drums? You can’t play a tune on the drums.”

“They’re steel drums,” he giggled again.

We today decided that he also plays ‘Total Eclipse of the Heart’. Woo. I love my brother.


--Merani.

1 comment:

  1. HAPPY BIRTHDAY!! It's the 13th here right now, so all the best, and hope you have a good day!!!!

    Also, I know you just said you want one, but I'm kinda against those electronic books. I like being able to hold a book and see how I'm progressing by the position of my bookmark and be able to flick back to an earlier bit if I need to. You can't do that with electronic books. But I can see why you'd want one, and I guess it's the way of the future, since one day paper books will probably be obsolete.

    Lol, how old is your brother?

    P.S. Hope you can get back to London again soon! My family are there right now on holidays. I'm soooo jealous of them. You're so lucky to be able to live there.

    P.P.S. What's your youtube channel?

    ReplyDelete