Thursday 24 December 2009

we actually spell it brasil here, but whatevs.

Hey blog! You'll never guess what? I'm in Brazil. I know?! Insane right?! No, not really you silly goose. I come here roughly once a year.








God was it ever hard to get here? As you may or may not know, I have to take a transit flight to get to Brazil, so I stop in America. Because my mother gets a discount, it's cheaper, trust me.


So, we get to Houston and the only flight to Brazil is at nine o'clock in da evening. We know this, of course; it has always been this way. So, we go to this shopping mall/centre called Greenspoint, which we usually go to. I now have some Converse in white and a new ipod charger cable thing. Life is all fine and dandy.


Then, return to VIP area and pick up bags. Proceed to Terminal 18E or something or rather. Get there, no space on the plane, so we don't go. Lemme explain: we're standby, we only get to go on the plane if they have extra room, which is a pain, but at least we get to usually go First Class, which is nice.


So, we stay at this hotel called the Ramada, which we only learn about by chance, and go there, because breakfast is included. Get there, brush teeth and off to bed.


Wake up rather tired due to an inconvenience (?) known as TIME CHANGE, and stagger down to breakfast, wearing ma new shoes. Get juice over my new shoes. Angst. Do you want to know how I spilt it? I'm sure it will amuse you. Here's what happened: I was putting my egg and sausages in the microwave to heat up, and then put the cup in front on the microwave door. When I tried to remove the items from the microwave, the door was a little stiff, so I recklessly yanked it open, thus knocking over the cup, so that the contents dribbled down onto my feet.


Try again for about three more days at the airport and fail to get on a plane. Meet two families of Brazilians who live in Boston and discuss how horrible the weather is and how the snow stops everything. Play on DS and train Brain. Read The Lovely Bones. Eat unhealthy food to the point where skin begins to break out. Frustration. Spend full twenty minutes trying to arrange hair which I cut myself, meaning it's all lop-sided and awkward. Learn actions to The Twelve Days of Christmas from my brother. Forget it after Eight Maids-a Milking.


Go to airport again. Meet adorable little boy named Daniel. Actually get on plane. Go on plane and finish reading The Lovely Bones. Start watching the first Princess Diaries. Fall asleep. Wake up. Have dinner. Fall asleep. Wake up and laze around until plane lands. Arrive.


That was the journey. I also went to downtown Houston and to another shopping centre called Deerbrook so I could see Avatar with my family. That was good. Would not make my top ten favourite films of the year, but would be in the top twenty, definitely. I was strangely attracted to the guy, but only when he was blue. As I left the cinema, some guy, who clearly did not like the film, was ranting on about how it was, and I quote, "...Dances With Wolves --with Smurfs." That made me laugh, because it was a little slice of true.


Am now losing weight due to uncontrollable and uncomfortable sweat. Just had some desserts and felt bad because I was too stuffed to eat anymore depsite them looking delish.


Started reading Pride and Predjudice. It's so hot here I can barely be bothered to move. I just lay in the hammock reading Pride an Predjudice, which Í'm still not halfway through, because it's so long. Seriously, it's mostly dialogue. It's not too bad, but I wish Austen described surroundings more, and stopped the peeps talking about bs. I love Mr. Darcy though. I love, love, love him. And Elizabeth is cool, but atm she's like, 'BLERGH MR. DARCY'S EVIL BECAUSE HE TREATS HIS FATHER'S GODSON IMPOLITELY. THE NERVE OF HIM. I HATE HIM BUT I'M STILL GONNA LET HIM KISS MY HAND TWICE WHEN WE'RE AT THE BALL. MAARGGHHH.', which I dislike. Mr. Darcy is awesome. At least, I think that's the reason why... Not sure. If you know, tell me, because that's all I could pick up.


Hm. What happened today.


- I was sick outside my Gran's flats for some reason. I woke up feeling off-ish and then felt sick for the whole car ride from ine to hers, and then I couldn't pretend I wasn't feeling ill anymore and informed my Gran. She rushed me outta the car and I was sick by a tree. It was yellow. Yes, I know you wanted to know that. You're welcome.
- Apparently I'm getting 'colour'? Great. So before, I was so white I was transparent? Not fair --my whole family's tanned or capable of becoming so.
- Went to the market today with my auntie to buy lunch. I ate a bolinho de carne, which is like, a salty snack with meat. It's nice. And I had sugar cane juice, which is also really nice.
- Played on the Wii; Rayman's rabbits.
- Watched Pirates of the Caribbean and giggled and smiled to myself the whole way through. My brother asked what was funny, and I was like, "Ah, that Jack --he's so funny!" *dismissive wave of the hand* If you didn't know, a guy dressed as Jack Sparrow at EXPO touched my arse twice, which I decided to be flattered by. Now I just go around claiming that Jack Sparrow treated me nicely. Is fun.




See you guyses soon,

--Merani.

PS. That little boy really was cute. My mum was talking to him in a queue, and he said he was going on a plane. "That's right!" My mum replied. "Where's the plane gonna take you?" The boy blinked at her, pointed and looked towards the ceiling and answered, "Up." <3

No comments:

Post a Comment