Sunday 13 December 2009

the british can still be thankful.

So... Inspiration for blogging has seemed to have thinned fairly recently. As always, my life has been delightfully uneventful.

So readers. I am currently getting ready for my holiday in Brazil. And while for those who don't know me, may think that that's totally cool and random and exciting. But really, I've been too many times and all I do is see my family again and pretend that I'm not socially awkward and can speak Portuguese without stuttering.

So, that may sound that I'm terribly spoilt, but really, I'm not. The main thing I guess is that I'll miss my friends and that I just get really bored. And I have a 23 hour voyage. The good thing is that I stop in America for six hours and I get to converse with them and feel really intellectual.

And my hand luggage has tiled Chinese dolls printed on it. I'm perfectly aware of how awesome it is, and I'll let you be jealous. It's ok.

Kay. So yesterday I went to Sophie's and had the most fun I had had in a while. Beforehand I had goen to Kate's , and we made cookies of characters such as Harry Potter, Ronald Weasley, Jareth, Dumbledore, Peter Pan, etc. We then made videos with them, with her parents in the next room. Gosh we're cool.

So me and Kate got the train to Hove Station and walked to Sophie's. On the way, we ran into Ryan and he made casual chit chat, which made me smile, because had we ran into any other boy in the popular crowd, they would have just looked at the ground and pretend that they hadn't saw us, and they would've excepted us to do the same.

But seriously, it was ridiculous amounts of fun. I watched Home Alone for the first time and felt like a five year old again, because it was so cheesy and so badly acted, but I still was in stitches. And screaming when the dude stepped on a needle. Seriously, Macaulay Culkin is a devil child. But he's still so, so cute.

So yeah. We made a pretty weird looking cake. It was fine when the icing was blue and it looked really sweet (no pun intended? I really mean sweet), but then Sophie added the red icing too, and it went browny, purple. Friggin' retard. Then she threw on Smarties and Mini Marshmallows, and it looked like a bizarre mess. If you've seen The Grinch, well, the only way I can explain it is that it's the sort of colourful mess that belongs in that interpretation of the world of the Whos.

Then Kate went home and me, Lauren and Sophie watched Nerimon and drank hot chocolate.

So I don't celebrate Thanksgiving, being on the wrong side of the world and all, but I'd be thankful for days like yesterday. And mostly my friends in general.

Okay, questions:

What are your favourite Christmas songs? Mine are Rudolph the Red Nose Reindeer, Pablo the Mexican Reindeer, Santa Claus Is Coming to Town, Baby It's Cold Outside, 12 Days of Christmas, Grandma Got Run Over by A Reindeer, Please Daddy, and practically the rest of them.

What do you want for Christmas? I want a digital camcorder and the knowledge of how to edit videos successfully so I can be a vlogger too! :D

Are you doing anything for the holidays?

Love, Merani.

1 comment:

  1. "The good thing is that I stop in America for six hours and I get to converse with them and feel really intellectual."

    It is unfair that most British people automatically sound smart just because of their accents.

    Also, I'd agree that Thanksgiving is a good idea for a holiday. It would make people sit back and realise just how lucky they really are. If we did that more often maybe people would be happier and more optimistic :)

    Answers:

    1. I actually only know 2 of the ones you listed. Off the top of my head, my favourites are Silent Night, O Little Town Of Bethlehem, Little Drummer Boy, We Three Kings, and a whole bunch of German ones (Alle Jahre Wieder, Kling Gloeckchen, Susser die Glocken). There are more, I'm sure.

    2. For Christmas I want a lot of things. ;) A camcorder would be fun. (Maybe then I'd have to make videos too.) More fencing gear is always good. A digital camera, since I don't have one, or a new ipod since my old one has a tiny memory. I'm getting a decent raincoat, though, for geology field trips.
    I hope you get what you asked for!

    3. No, just working full time.

    I know you complain, but I'd rather go to Adelaide (which I feel about much the same way that you seem to feel about Brazil, except without the language barrier) than stay here and work. So count yourself lucky :)

    And if it really sucks and you really get bored, take lots of books and read, or take your laptop and play games if you have no internet. :)

    ReplyDelete