Monday 28 December 2009

mergh. why am i still here?


"God knows the world doesn't need another band,
But what a waste it would've been."
Looking Up - Paramore

I miss England. Too hot here for me to be able to bother to blog. I'm only doing this for you Ciara, be happy you souless monkey slut.

Went to Campo Grande today. Bought a pretty white dress for the new year. See, here, they take New Year much more seriously. People only stay at home if they're too tired to go out to the beach, otherwise they're there. Also, there's superstitions and beliefs, such as if it's an even year it's good, because it's even (although, when it's odd, e.g. 2009, they also say it's good, because it's odd), and you have to eat seven grapes whilst hopping on one foot. Not everyone believes in these, but what everyone does is dress in white, to start the year with purity. Because of this, it's usually pure white, with no patterns and stuff; sometimes yellow for happiness or green for wealth or something, but always something white. ALWAYS.

I've also heard that if it's all red, someone in your family or adjacent family or something, dies. Nice, huh?

This year I have no idea what I'm doing or where I'm going. Might go to Copacabana with my uncle, or might go to Barra da Tijuca with my auntie. Not sure. Don't care. I have a pretty dress.

Watched The Corpse Bride a few times. By a few times I meant four in the last two days; at least. I love Victor so much. He's so sweet and awkward. In fact, I love Johnny Depp. Ciara, I know you wouldn't do him, but I would. So, so would. He wouldn't have to dress up as Jack Sparrow or anything. In fact, when I went to see Avatar, and the advert for the new Alice in Wonderland came on, I was sitting there thinking, "Attractive. Attractive. Attractive. Attractive. Attractive. Attractive. Attractive. Attractive. Attractive. Attractive. Attractive. Attractive. Attractive. Attractive. Attractive. Attractive. Attractive. Attractive. Attractive. Attractive. Attractive. Attractive. Attractive. Attractive. Hehe, Helen is so funny. Wah, big pretty green eyes. Attractive. Attractive. Attractive. Attractive. Attractive. Attractive. Attractive. Attractive."

FINISHED P&P. MR. DARCY IS LOVE. FITZWILLIAM DARCY IS LOVE. No, srsly. I rather liked it. Characters were loveable, and although there was a lot of dialogue, what Austen could reveal with it was admirable. Four stars.

Paramore. Realised I haven't blogged about it yet.

Ok. So it was amazing. Seriously, I think back on it now and geniunely feel sad that I can't ever go back to that moment where I was screaming, "I LOVE YOU HAYLEY!111". I lost my voice and bought a t-shirt. Unforch they didn't play my favourite song off their new album, 'Playing God', but it was awesome all the same. I was sweating like a pig, my hair sticking to my neck despite it being in a shabby ponytail; my mascara had most likely ran down, ditto with my eyeliner; my throat ached from screaming too much and it burned with thirst, but when I yelled along to 'Where the Lines Overlap, to the lyrics, 'No one is as lucky as us', I felt that never truer words had been spoken.

Hope to blog soon,
--Merani.

1 comment:

  1. Paramore concert sounded great! I haven't been to many concerts, going to see Muse this January and I'm so excited...

    Yes, P&P is pure win :)

    And didn't you just LOVE Avatar???!

    All the best for the new year :)

    ReplyDelete