Wednesday 9 February 2011

Missing Disney.

I guess it's too much time on tumblr that's making me seriously want to watch Disney; I mean, my blog has been pretty much Tangled recently and thus I'm following more Disney-related blogs, because everyone who loves Disney seems to love Tangled, and so I'm getting so much Little Mermaid and Sleeping Beauty on my dash that it's making me miss my childhood. I may not have had Harry Potter, but I had shitloads of Disney and anime in mine and I caught up with HP in the years where I was old enough to appreciate it so. I guess my point is that my childhood was pretty solid. I mean the 'moving countries twice' thing was emotionally crippling and has affected my self-esteem and confidence in talking to others in the worst way imaginable, but I had good TV/film.

I had badminton today and got praised! Woot woot all across the sky! It's the first time I've been kind of good at a sport and I know it's a relatively easy sport to play but let me revel in this little moment in which I'm actually good at something that's not academic. Okay moment over. It's time for story, eh?

“She’s impossible!” the Captain cried exasperatedly, slamming his hands down on the table. “She’s ridiculous and misleading and... impossible!”

“You said impossible twice,” Benjamin informed him calmly.

“I don’t care!” he said, kicking the wall. “We have sex and it’s absolutely astronomical and there I was thinking that from then on we could... I don’t know what I thought. I most certainly didn’t think that she’d have a sudden, sporadic mood change and leave straight after. She’s impossible.”

“Thrice.”

“Benjamin I’m serious!” he snapped. “What am I going to do? She’s making it so much more difficult than it has to be. She’s...”

“She is definitely unlike any of the other girls you’ve fraternized wise. But that’s why she’s my favourite. You’re going to have to learn your way around that one; she’s a force of nature.”

“You’re with her all the time,” the Captain said as if he’d only just realised. He gestured his finger towards Benjamin purposefully. “You know her better than anyone else; you could help me.”

“Just listen to her,” Benjamin said simply. “Listen to what she has to say. She’s actually rather interesting; she’s still so naïve after all that she’s done. After a conversation with her you can just hear it ringing in her voice; she talks about making love like it’s an act, not an emotional bonding. It’s almost like she can’t separate violence from sex.”

The Captain nodded rapidly, taking the information in and looked down at the floor, “Thank you for that. It’s not like I thought I did pretty well or anything; she seemed to enjoy herself as well. That’s slightly unnerving.”

“You’re very welcome.” He grinned. “But I’m serious: the way to go with Helena is just sit down and listen to her. But you can start by apologizing.”

*

Helena was contemplating whether Posh-Helena would have had straight hair and whether she would have stormed out of the Captain’s bed like she did.

Hands in his pockets, he strode towards her and sat down. “I truly am sorry if I upset you.”

Helena raised her eyebrows, “Go on.”

“And I promise to try my hardest to not be too overprotective.”

“Because?”

“Because you’re a strong, independent young woman who can take care of herself.”

She smiled, pleased, and took his hand; she didn’t know why but it felt instinctive. She turned his palm over in hers and traced the lines with her finger. “Thank you.”

“Though can I just say that in my defense, I think I’m the perfect amount of protective and if I am overprotective, it’s just because I don’t want you hurt.”

“I can handle of myself,” Helena reminded him softly, distracted.

He leaned his forehead against hers, “I know. It’s just... I’m paranoid, is all.”

“I know,” she breathed, blinking at him. “Vincent,” she said. “I’ve got that tightness in my stomach against. I think it means that you should kiss me.”

And so he did.

1 comment:

  1. Ahh, cute :)

    I didn't watch Disney as a child. I feel deprived in comparison to just about everyone I know :(

    ReplyDelete