Saturday 5 February 2011

The King's Speech.

I was going to see Tangled again, but decided against it. I'll see it again at some point though; if I saw Burlesque and Twilight twice, then by God I'll see Tangled more than once so help me.

Ciara also thought I was a bit of a cock-tease, per se, regarding my story; by saying I had three parts and then just posting the one. She didn't say it in so many words, but that's what she meant. I mean, she used a sexual analogy, but that's just Ciara. Point being: you need to stop liking this story so much. All of you. Seriously. The pressure is too much. And it sucks a little bit, let's be honest.

Here goes:

Helena should have known that if just standing near the Captain felt different, then sex with him was going to be different as well. She released the pillow which she had clung to so fiercely and the world became still again; she could feel his breathing, sharp and warm, on her neck, the hot imprints of the kisses he’d planted on every patch of skin possible. She began to wonder if that was how it was supposed to be, if all it took for it to be that spectacular was the right person at the right time with the right amount of experience and need, when she was suddenly acutely aware that she was naked. She stretched out her arm from underneath him and began putting on his shirt.

“What are you doing?” he asked, rolling beside her.

“I don’t like being naked.” She said it very matter-of-factly. It was only when she saw his raised eyebrows that it didn’t really make sense. “Oh. Erm, I don’t know. I just don’t like being that exposed.”

He shook his head and laughed, rubbing his eyes and yawning. She watched the muscles in his arms tense and move as he stretched his arms behind him, fascinated and tempted to drag her fingers along them; confused, she said, “What? What is it?”

“If all it took was to make you feel vulnerable was to undress you I would have done so a long time ago.” She was about to speak when he slowly brought their faces together and kissed her sweetly and lengthily.

Pulling away, she blinked away the daze, “Why do you want me to feel vulnerable?”

“Well, you’re a woman; I feel you forget that sometimes. You’re very, very vulnerable to the world Helena and I think if you were more wary of how frail you are, I’d be more inclined to let you roam free.”

Though her body ached to be as close to him as possible, she wrenched it from his, “Firstly, since when am I an animal; and secondly, what does being a woman have anything to do with this?”

“Well you’re more likely to fall into the hands of danger, as you have already displayed—”

“That was one time!” she protested. “I’m getting very, very tired of you and Benjamin treating me like I’m defenseless child!” She stood up, hands balled into fists at her side. “I am not your helpless maiden or a damsel in distress! I can bloody handle myself and I don’t appreciate being treated like one!”

The Captain laughed uncertainly and reached for her, “Helena please let’s not argue, I—”

“No,” she said, pushing his hands away from her, “I’m not sure how I feel about... I think it’s best for now if we let this simmer for a bit until you’re ready to accept that I’m not a little miss that needs to be protected.”

He looked up, his eyes so incredulous. She leaned forward and kissed his forehead, “Good day Vincent.”

1 comment:

  1. But which sucks more, the pressure of people liking your story, or no one liking it?

    ReplyDelete