Monday 25 October 2010

And I'll never admit, that I think you look great, it's a pokémon battle, it's not a date.

Had a good day today. Had therapy on Friday; the lady had really nice eyes and was super duper nice an shtuff. Having another session the 26th of November, so w00t w00t? Nah, I don't mind. It's helping so far, but I don't think I'll need it for much longer, so that's good I suppose.

Lauren and that are coming over tomorrow and I'm not looking forward to it because my house is boring as. Ellie is most definitely looking forward to it as she has not been to my house before, but still, my house is pretty shite, and she'll be disappointed. Also, Sophie can't come and that's annoying.

Taylor Swift's new album Speak Now is out and I have it on me iPod. I love it so; she's just so adorable and despite being 21, she can still write songs that I manage to relate to. Or, y'know, enjoy, since I've been single my entire life. Mostly because I can really only properly, seriously, completely relate to Enchanted, because the closest I've ever really gotten to love is that spark of chemistry of when you first meet somebody, and you want it to go somewhere (with me it never does but that's beside the point).

This night is sparkling, don't you let it go. I'm wonderstruck, blushing all the way home. I'll spend forever wondering if you knew, it was enchanting to meet you.

Erm, booked tickets for Harry Potter today and it was super awkward because we had to book ten tickets and it was kind a bit of a hassle for the guy who didn't have much experience booking things in advance and stuff. But we got them! Gah, 16 days! Need to start re-reading.

Story time! This one is a snippet of the parents from my Nanowrimo story. Mother is slightly based on me but she's more shy and has always been kind of content with loneliness. Here goes:

CONOR surpressed his surprise as Beth twined their fingers together suddenly but slowly. He knew this independent display of affection, and public no less, was a big step, and he didn't want to make a fuss in case she changed her mind. Instead, he gives her an appreciative squeeze whic, out of the corner of his eye, makes her smile sheepishly. This is a big step, he thinks, this is good.

They stand there in the rain for a while after getting off the bus, just smiling at each other, but behind the forced calm smile, Conor is faced once again with the almost uncontrollable urge to kiss her. Inexplicably, she reaches out her hand and strokes his face briefly before putting it back down again. Conor just stand there frozen, wondering what has come over her and catches her wrist, looking down at her questionably. She gives him a kittenish grin before sauntering into the building; she stops at the end, by the lift and Conor stays there, in the rain, watching her graceful moves as she presses the button and pulls her hair out from underneath her stripy maroon and navy blue scarf.

Conor can't help but stand there, rooted to the spot, mesmerised. He is taken back to the golden Autumn afternoon where he experienced that epiphany, revealing to his that Bethany Longhurst was the prettiest girl he had ever seen. Each one of her blinks and each breath she takes makes him want to thank God, or whoever it is up there that was responsible, for making her be born on that 14th of May*; it makes him feel... lucky. Just, happy inside, really. He loves her, but he just wishes he could show her.

Beth looks at him and smiles invitingly as she nods towards the elevator, as if it was the most natural thing in the world. Conor tries to breathe normally.

If he didn't know any better, he'd think she was flirting with him.

Love, Mel.

*Yeah, you're welcome.

2 comments:

  1. >< She has my birthday, I like her, it makes her instantly cool :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome. There's a Beth Hodd and Conor Harrison in the year below you who are an item, which is either a boss coincidence or simply inspiration for a really well written bit of narrative. WOOP.

    ReplyDelete