Sunday 2 May 2010

I, again, do not want to blog.

And I do not understand why I am trying to, because it is not April, so I am not bound to any internet meme of any sort to blog today, but I feel as if I should.

Yesterday, I bought material for my Sailor Moon costume, and that is why it was a productive day. The rest of the day, though not productive, was very pleasant. My brother, my cousin and I watched Q.I., managed to eat a whole Pringle's cylinder by ourselves and watch Bill Hicks's stand up shows.

Then, the three of us, my auntie and my mum ate lunch on her balcony of sorts, basking in the glory of the sunny day we had been blessed with. The lunch was also very good: mashed potatoes with carrots, rice, and a stew like thing with lamb and mushrooms. Ah, mushrooms.

Also, Doctor Who was on when we got home, meaning I got to drool of Matt Smith very much. I have not felt an attraction to a man this bizarre since V from V for Vendetta. He's just so... and with Amy... ah.

I get to wallow in all the things the episode implies for their relationship.

a) he kissed her on the forehead.
b) he was annoyed when he realised the Angels were doing something to Amy.
c) he was very annoyed when they realised they were going to frighten her and kill her and threw the speaker thing on the floor.
d) he kissed her back for a split second I SWEAR.

But even if it was a not very impressive kiss, it was a start, and The Doctor's reaction was very, very cute. The whole exasperated, confused and flustered look looks lovely on him, do you not agree?

What else...

Me and my mum went for a walk in the morning, discussing contraception, my generation and other things. My mum also confided in me a story I feel that I need to share because it added to my level of respect for my mother.

It's not particularly long, but it's very sad.

Basically, there is this boy, whom my mother lost her virginity to and who was my mother's first serious boyfriend, who was going to a football match with his friends one day. When they left the stadium and got in the car, a boy around there age marches up their window and point a gun inside the car.

The boy demands for my mother's boyfriend's watch, gesturing with the gun. There is a panicked huffle and bustle in the car and all the guys along with my mother's boyfriend try to calm the guy down, saying there's no need for the gun.

Before he can even remove his watch, the guy slide the gun through thin air and presses it on his upper lips. The shot was said to have been so close to his face, it didn't even make a hole, and instead, literally blows up and splatters all over the car.

I mean, isn't that just awful? I think that if I would ever be put in a situation that's even remotely similar, I can't imagine ever getting over that, at all.

A bit morbid, but I felt it needed to be shared.

On a lighter note, Matt Smith writes Doctor Who fanfiction, which adds my attraction for him, because writers are just better than the rest of the world.

Speaking of fanfiction, I want to get back to my Treasure Planet one, because reading lots of fanfiction causes me to want to write some of my ownnn.

Always,
Melanie.

1 comment:

  1. That's horrible... was this in Brazil? Even still, the poor guy....jegus fuck.

    ReplyDelete