Tuesday 1 June 2010

My brain...

...is screaming for me to write 'a bloody post about EXPO already'. So here I stand, or sit.

Well, I've already made a vlog about this, but since it shall be a few years before I post it, I
'll blog just in case I never, ever post it.

Okay, bullet point time!

- Me and Kate beat the record of how many people we interacted with -- last year, it was 221, and I can't remember exactly what it is, but we beat it, 'kay?
- I met David Deluise, the dad from Wizards of Waverley Place. We were originally just taking pictures of him, and after he looked our way and asked if we wanted pictures *with* him. I'll post the picture here soon; it's a bit shaky, but you can tell it's him and me.
- I saw some Doctor Who cosplayers dancing The Time Warp, and some Amy Ponds too.
- I hugged a Chester A. Bum cosplayer, which was pretty cool.
- Got lots of pictures taken of me. And I mean a lot. I wish I had counted, but I honest to God lost count, so, yeah.
- Bought three posters: Haruhi, Shugo Chara and Full Moon with that other manga on the other side.

The next day I went to the Japanese Festival with Kate again, and I cosplayed too. It was pretty cool, and the Japanese people there seemed to be impressed and in awe of our cosplays. It was weird -- me and Kate joked about it later, talking amongst ourselves like, "Yeah, wow, cosplay; don't have this in our country or anything!"

But for real, I think they were just shocked at the fact that we (or our mothers) made it, since no-one, according to Jacob, does so, because you can buy them on street corners.

I made origami! Y'know the origami bird things? Yeah, I can make them from memory.

Wow, this has been short. Oh well, I'm going back to writing my one-shot story now. It sucks, but I want to write it.

Love,
Melanie.


2 comments:

  1. Your costume doesn't look homemade, which is probably why so many people were surprised that it was. It's a tribute to your (or your mum's?) sewing skills!

    ReplyDelete